Aira is a fast-growing digital agency based in the centre of Milton Keynes. We’re currently looking for a Digital PR Executive with consumer PR experience to join our team. You will be joining an experienced, high-performing company at an exciting stage of growth, and will be given the opportunity to grow in your role and get hands-on with projects from week one.
We’re passionate about building a great place to work and an environment where we do our best work for clients. Through this, we’ve not only recently won the “Digital PR campaign of the year - finance” award at the UK Digital PR Awards 2022 and the “Best Use of Search - B2B (PPC)” award at the UK Search Awards 2021, but both the “Best Small Agency to Work For” and “Best Team Culture” awards at the 2022 UK Company Culture Awards too.
About the role
- You will help secure coverage and links across relevant and authoritative websites for a portfolio of our digital PR clients - to help increase rankings, traffic, and ultimately conversions/revenue.
- You will be able to spot opportunities in the media to proactively craft and pivot outreach stories and angles, to make our campaigns and stories work harder.
- You will build relationships with key publications, internationally, from national newspapers to relevant industry publications.
- You will play a key role in preparation of outreach assets, including press releases, pitch emails and media lists.
- Working alongside our creative team and the digital PR lead on your accounts, you will help to brainstorm campaign ideas and outreach stories that will deliver against client objectives and expectations.
- You will join client meetings, playing a key part in building relationships with key contacts, as well as presenting sections of updates and reviews.
- You will receive regular training on core areas of Digital PR and creative, as well as SEO, and will have regular 121s with your line manager on additional training areas to support your development.
- You will be given the opportunity to share your expertise via our blog, industry-leading blogs, our own events and at marketing conferences.
There is plenty of opportunity for progression, the next natural step being a Digital PR Consultant. But we also give you plenty of opportunities to define your own career path based on playing to your strengths and what you enjoy.
You’ll have at least 12 months of experience behind you in Digital PR or Content Marketing and will have assisted on a range of projects where you can demonstrate your contribution.
We’re looking for someone with the following:
- Minimum 12 months' experience in Digital PR or Content Marketing in either an in-house or agency role, working on digital PR campaign launches directly or other digital PR activity.
- Strong communication skills both in person, over the phone and email - you will be expected to own communication for some of our client accounts from the outset which could include emails, calls and face to face meetings.
- A real passion for digital PR with a keen eye for what’s working in the press.
- Strong media relations skills with an understanding of PR outreach and building relationships with the press.
- Creative thinking, for big campaign ideas through to smaller reactive newsjacking stories.
- Experience in analysing and manipulating different data sets to craft stories.
- Strong copywriting skills, with experience of drafting press releases, pitch emails, on-site copy or similar.
- A high level of attention to detail, and an aspiration to deliver the highest quality work for both clients and any internal projects.
- An understanding of digital PR strategy and how to prioritise activities to hit business objectives.
It would be a bonus if:
- You have knowledge of how a digital PR strategy ties into a wider SEO strategy, including a foundational knowledge of the fundamentals of SEO.
- You have knowledge of the wider digital marketing landscape, including PPC, social media (both paid and organic) and marketing automation.
- You have experience of PR tools such as Gorkana, Vuelio or Roxhill.
- You have self-managed projects before and had exposure to client-facing projects.
- You’ve already had experience in client meetings and calls.
- You have a good understanding of/can navigate SEO tools, such as Google. Analytics, Google Search Console, ahrefs or SEMrush.
- You have experience in analysing and presenting data for reporting purposes.
What you’ll get – our culture
Culture is very, very important to us. So much so that we have published our culture code online so that you can see exactly what it means to us. We’d highly recommend that you take a look so that you can see what we offer and how we’re different from other agencies.
Alongside our culture, which we believe truly makes us stand out, we do a lot for career and personal development:
- Regular personal development and concrete plans on how you can progress and grow within the company.
- An annual training and technology budget to use as you see fit.
- Unlimited, free books and audiobooks to help you learn and develop.
- Opportunities to speak at industry events and our own MKGO event.
- Mental health in the workplace support thanks to our partnership with Sanctus.
- Up to two days a year to use for volunteering days with charities.
We love to look after our team and invest as much as we can in giving back, whilst providing them everything they need to do a great job. Whilst perks aren’t everything, we do offer a lot to our team including:
- Unlimited paid annual leave once you pass probation, and office closure over Christmas.
- Fun quarterly company socials & team socials.
- Team lunches and treats in the office.
- Free eye care exams once a year.
- Free parking in central Milton Keynes (if you drive into the office).
- Private Medical Insurance.
Generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave policies.
The salary range for this role is £18,000 - £25,000 (dependent on experience).